0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 8:23 AM by RobWer1

Tips for troubleshooting crashes?

RobWer1

TCS 2

Robohelp 8.0.2

I just created a Robohelp template from a project with a Framemaker booked linked in. I deleted the book from the project before running the script which creates a new template. Robohelp crashes after I created a new project based on the new template and linking the same Framemaker book. Subsequent attempts to open the new project result in a RH crash

I had  problem a few weeks back while deleting the framemaker book from an earlier project i had wanted to use for creating a template.

I would be grateful if there are any checks and steps which can be taken to troubleshoot these RH crashes. Looking through the forum i see mention of the CPD and XPJ files but really not sure what i should do about these and whether it is good practice or not to tamper with these.

I have seen many different RH crashes since working with it a couple of months ago so some structured steps for troubleshooting crashes would be a great help.

Can anyone suggest some self-help steps that can be taken to address crashes?

TIA

Rob