12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2010 9:15 AM by Peter Grainge

Is RoboHelp compatible with 64-bit Windows 7?

I'm having a problem with RoboHelp/RoboSource (posted about elsewhere in the forum) and in response to a support query, I received a message stating that RoboHelp is not compatible with 64-bit Windows 7.

Quoting: "Please ensure that Windows 7 is not 64 bit, as RoboHelp is not compatible."

This seems to be in conflict with the blog posting by Ankur Jain, Product Manager - RoboHelp, (http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/12/adobe_robohelp_8_now_supports_windows_7_also.html) in which he states "I'm pleased to inform you that Adobe RoboHelp 8 now also supports Windows 7. With this, RoboHelp 8 is now compatible with Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows Vista® with Service Pack 1 or Windows® 7."

Now, Mr. Jain doesn't specify 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7, but considering the detail in his posting regarding service packs, I'd expect that a blanket statement like RH is compatible with Win 7 would mean both 32-bit and 64-bit, unless otherwise stated.

Some questions:

1) Is RH compatible with 64-bit Win 7 or not?

2) What about RoboSource? Is it compatible with Windows 7? If so, which versions? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also, the tech person said that we also need to try running RoboHelp in "simplified mode." What exactly is that?

Thank you in advance!