Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Submitting PDF attachments

Level 1

Good Day,

I have 2 queries:

Firstly is it possible to submit a PDF form as a .PDF attachment via email? Currently I am only able to submit forms via the .XML format.

Secondly is it possible to automatically name the above mentioned PDF attachment when clicking the submit button? For example you set the file name to be made up of specific fields ie the file name is made up of a company name field and the date field "Walmart 12 January 2010"?

Tks in advance

Shaun

2 Replies

Former Community Member

1. Yes it is possible to email a PDF ...here is a post that discusses the issue in great detail. As well I posted a sample

that shows the different ways to do it.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2262709#2262709

2. The attachment will take on the name of the file that is opened at the time. You woudl have to do a SaveAs operation to rename the file and then do the email. Unfortunately you cannot automate the SaveAs operation fully. It is against security to automate something to that extent without the user knowing about it.

Paul