4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2008 1:24 AM by staffy

Links in Flash and HTML files

staffy
      Hi,

I hope someone can help me - it is probably a simple thing, but have searched the help files etc.

I have a flash document with 3 buttons, each with links. When I publish the file, the links in the SWF file work fine, but those in the HTML file don't (all other actions are OK).

I doubt this important, but I have Flash CS3 on an offline computer.

Please help!!

Mark.
        • 1. Re: Links in Flash and HTML files
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          show your html code using the attach code option in this forum.
          • 2. Re: Links in Flash and HTML files
            staffy Level 1
            This is the html code - it is just copied from the file which is published in CS3.

Thanks.

<noscript>
            <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase=" http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="775" height="160" id="TPmenu" align="middle">
            <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
            <param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" />
            <param name="movie" value="TPmenu.swf" /><param name="loop" value="false" /><param name="quality" value="best" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#003366" /> <embed src="TPmenu.swf" loop="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#003366" width="775" height="160" name="TPmenu" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=" http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
            </object>
            </noscript>
            • 3. Re: Links in Flash and HTML files
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              where are you html links?
              • 4. Re: Links in Flash and HTML files
                staffy Level 1
                kglad - thanks for your reply.

Apologies if this is really basic stuff, this is my first attempt at a flash menu.

I have the links in the .fla file associated with three buttons (labelled 'one', 'two' and 'three') - i.e. I right clicked the button, selected 'Action' and added the onRelease etc... Also, I have selected AS2 before publishing.

Now, I understood that that was all that was needed (and indeed in the published swf file, the links are fine) but the embedded swf doesn't work (although all other actions associated with rollovers etc are OK).

From your reply, this has made me wonder whether additional HTML code needs to be added for the links to work.

I know it should be the easiest thing - thanks again for any help!