3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2010 8:49 AM by dwill500

No Audio Plybck via 1394 Prem Elem 7

dwill500

I have a DV5000 bidirectional converter taking in composite video and analog audio and outputting 1394 into the computer.  Prem Elem 7 captures fine, edits fine and creates mpgs and movs fine.  I need the ability to playback directly from the editing software.  When the project is play from the computer, it goes back down the 1394 to the DV5000 and to the compsite video port and analog audio ports.  I get video out but no audio.  There is audio present at the computer's speaker port but it can't be used because of the digital delay.  I'd rather not have to add a delay compensater since the software should be able to handle it.  What am I missing??   Thanks!

• 1. Re: No Audio Plybck via 1394 Prem Elem 7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, you'll need to confirm that that device captures your video as DV-AVIs. If not, you could be dealing with other issues.

To see if your captured video is DV-AVI, open a file in Windows Media Player and, while it is playing, go to File/Properties. You'll see the audio and video codecs there. But, if you see something other than DV listed, your device may not be compatible with this program.

If, on the other hand, you are capturing DV-AVIs -- and you can hear the audio when you play the clips in Windows Media Player -- then it's just a matter of configuring Premiere Elements audio hardware. You do this in Premiere Elements by going to Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware and clicking on the ASIO Settings button.

• 2. Re: No Audio Plybck via 1394 Prem Elem 7
            dwill500 Level 1

You are the man!!

In short, it was my oversite.  Your suggestion leading back to the audio hardware page then lead me to the Project Preferences/General/Playback Settings where I found that I had overlooked the ability to select between Desktop Audio and External Device Audio.  It worked!

Thanks for your time!!!  I owe you a Pepsi ... or Coke ... or whatever!!

• 3. Re: No Audio Plybck via 1394 Prem Elem 7
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Make it a Diet Dr. Pepper and I'm in! Glad you're up and running.