• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble upgrading to newest version

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling for a couple days now, wishing to be able to watch some live streaming that others can see but I can't.  It was suggested I upgrade to the latest version of Flash player.  Tried many things, uninstalling and reinstalling and even deleting previous versions of flash, twiddling with setting in Macafee and Adblocker settings on Firefox, and using other browsers including IE, Safari, and Chrome.  Got myself into a mess where the installer couldn't complete because of a missing dll and finally did a System Restore to a previous date before I started all this, and tried the download again.

The process appeared to have gone smoothly, and the test showed successful, but said that I had successfully downloaded version 10.0.32.18, rather than 10.0.42.34 which is apparently the current version.  The streaming video I am wanting to watch still won't come through for me.  What do you suggest?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 15, 2010 Jan 15, 2010

Hi 321, well that is great news indeed. I didn't have any problem on the bear site. Very interesting site. I have watched live web cams before on American Eagle Nests and other birds.

Thanks for the explanation of your last couple of posts. On the IE add ons, I don't think we need to make any adjustments unless you have different than the last list.

Add/Remove re: Java is exactly what you want. Add ons look ok. With this Java 18 update they did remove the previous.

So if you happen to go to a websi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 321, yes I would agree that you have created a mess:-) In the future when you do one thing and it doesn't work, don't do anything more and try to "fix" it. That is the best time to ask for help, which I know you know now.:-)

Since you have IE & Firefox, I would prefer to work with the IE browser first.

Ok, let's start with some basics.

1. What OS are you using?

2. What browsers and version (s) are now on your system?

3. What anti-virus/spyware that runs in realtime other than McAfee do you use?

4. What firewall do you use, and doesn't McAfee have a firewall as well?

5. Using the IE broswer, go to Add/Remove and post back all Adobe listings, including any DLM/Download manager

6. Using the IE browser, go to Tools>Manage add ons and post back all listed, Java included and version #'s

7. Do you have installed any third party Toolbars? List any and all please.

8. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and post back all listed there as listed

9. Please don't "do" anything further since I can't work with a moving target:-)

If you have any questions, please post.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Add/Remove Programs section, Adobe Flash Player Active X and Plugin are both shown as 10.0.42.34, but the columns that show size and last used for other programs shows nothing for these two.  Is this a clue?  Something apparently didn't activate with the download, since the test page shows the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 321, You are not communicating with me. Did you miss my first post to you? Just to clarify, solving Flash Player problems is a 2 way street and it involves team work. You stated in your first post what you had done to try to fix your

problems and needed help. I took the time to respond to you and requested information that I need in order to help you.

And now instead of replying with that information, you are proceeding to tell me what you think the problem is. Your last statement is an understatement.

I hope you get your problem solved.

Regards,

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb  nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that short post was sent before I had received your  previous answer.

I do appreciate your time and help - many other things going on and it took me some time to track down all the info you requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what is listed under Add/Remove:

Acrobat.com

Adobe AIR (showing no size or usage)

Adobe Download Manager

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActivAdobe Flash Player 10 Plugin

Adobe Reader 9.1

Adobe Shockwave Player 11.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 321, well that is more like it. Didn't mean to be short with you, just thought that was your answer to my post.

Ok, now I have something to work with. I have to get ready for work soon, so I will go over all of the info you provided and post back this evening.

Just a FYI on the size and last time used, my Add/Remove doesn't always show that for every program either, no biggie.

The only thing important is that it is installed and then the add ons, etc.

I glanced over your add ons and Flash folder and yes there are problems. We'll address them all.

One thing, make sure you are the Administrator and you need to run in Administrative mode.

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_tn_19166_en-us

Read over the 19166 link also, just to get an idea of certain requirements.

Read over this link: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html Don't do anything, just be familiar with it. Last part about IE

Thanks

P.S. The Windows firewall is ok. Find out how to disable the McAfee Security and McAfee firewall, that will have to be done as well.

Message was edited by: eidnolb   Add'l info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to receiving your answer, I discovered that the Download Manager was listed as version10.0.32.18, and deleted it, assuming that it might have been the problem and a new download might give the proper update.

But then finding your answer, have done nothing further.

I'm using Windows XP.  This computer has Firefox 3.5.7, IE8, and Chrome 3.0.195.38.  I had downloaded Safari yesterday just to see if I could access the stream I was looking for, but since I reverted to a previous state, it doesn't show up at present.  I exclusively use Firefox except when I can't make something work and then try the others.

I'm only using McAfee for anti-virus and firewall.  Windows firewall is turned off.

As previously stated, I rarely turn on IE, so not many add-ons.  These are all:

Name          JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class
Publisher     (Not verified) Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Status        Enabled
File date     Sunday, October 11, 2009, 4:17 AM
Version       6.0.170.4
Load time     0.03 s

Name          Adobe PDF Link Helper
Publisher     Adobe Systems, Incorporated
Status        Enabled
File date     Friday, February 27, 2009, 11:07 AM
Version       9.1.0.163
Load time     0.19 s

Name          McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar
Publisher     McAfee, Inc.
Status        Enabled
File date     Monday, November 23, 2009, 10:26 AM
Version       3.0.0.0
Load time     0.28 s

Name          McAfee Phishing Filter
Status        Enabled
File date     Friday, October 02, 2009, 1:02 PM
Version       10.15.101.0
Load time     0.07 s

Name          scriptproxy
Status        Enabled
File date     Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 10:22 AM
Version       0.0.0.0
Load time     0.19 s

Name          McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO
Status        Enabled
File date     Monday, November 23, 2009, 10:26 AM
Version       3.0.0.0
Load time     0.08 s

Name          Diagnose Connection Problems...
Publisher     Not Available
Status        Enabled

Name          Windows Messenger
Publisher     Not Available
Status        Enabled

Name          RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer
Publisher     RealNetworks, Inc.
Status        Enabled
File date     Sunday, June 21, 2009, 9:01 AM
Version       1.0.1.206
Load time     0.18 s

Name          Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper
Publisher     Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Status        Enabled
File date     Sunday, October 11, 2009, 4:17 AM
Version       6.0.170.4
Load time     0.64 s

No third party toolbars.

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash:

flash 10b.ocs, flash 10d.ocx, flashUtil10d.exe, fenuinst.exe, KB923789.inf, uninstall_activeX.exe, NPSWF32.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still awaiting further instructions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 321, Are you going to be up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, 321, First using IE, go to Tools>Manage add ons and Disable ALL Add ons.

Go to Add/Remove and Remove the Adobe Download Manager and REBOOT. (if it is still there)

Did you find out how to disable the McAfee and the firewall?

Then I would like for you to go to this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/553426?tstart=0 and then go to my Post

number 10. You can follow those directions. See the McAfee link.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiously, the Add/Remove will NOT remove the Download Manager! I've clicked the

remove button over and over again and it just turns blue and sits there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is strange. What happens if you right click on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click on the remove button the background turns back to tan, but shows

me nothing else, no options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, in the Flash Folder what is the entry "fenuinst.exe" if you know? I am not familiar with it. Let me check my folders, I have more info on the DLM. I wonder if it is listed in the Program files, do you know how to get there? Some of the info that a prior user had was a GetPlus item, but can't remember if this was related with the DLM or if separate. I need to check a few things. You might go to start>search and enter Download Manager or DLM and see if the file location comes up. There is also another DLM called Akamai (sp?) search for that too. I'll get the correct name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, go to Tools, Internet Options, Click on Settings, Click on View Objects, is it listed there? If so right click on it and select Remove. I can do this in IE6, don't know about IE8. I have instructions on Removing this with Win7(which uses IE8), will get info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten behind here due to a phone call. The item you referenced was a typo,

the f meant to be a g, genuinst, I'll look at it as soon as I read your other msg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the genuinst.exe is from Microsoft Corp.

I don't find the Adobe download manager anywhere at this point except on the

Add/Remove.

In the temp files in IE however, there are several things:

get_atlcom Class which says it is an ActiveX control and does reference GetPlusPlus

in a link

and also something called Shockwave Flash Object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the MS genuinst.exe - OK

Don't touch the Shockwave Flash Object   LOL

That is it, the getplus junk, and yes it is an activeX control and that may be why it won't remove from Add/Remove

Now if you can right click it and remove it, then Reboot, and then check if DLM is still in Add/Remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed that item but the download mgr still shows in the add/remove and still

can't be removed.

Time for me to confess that this morning when I first opened that file at your

direction, I highlighted the contents so I could just copy the names of what was

there for you and - this happened so quickly it was just a fleeting impression - it

seemed like maybe a thing or two disappeared in the process, like suddenly I was

seeing fewer icons than there were. I was hoping I was wrong about that. But I

see it does indicate that the file was modified about that time.

So perhaps I may have inadvertently deleted the download manager icon which would

account for why the program can't be located to be deleted now.

Sigh ... seems like my troubles are compounding here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, are you talking about the DLM in the Add/Remove? Perhaps you already removed it? If you were able to remove that

Getplus in the program files which is the ActiveX Control and then you Rebooted, check and see if it is gone.

The DLM cannot work without that, so I think we're good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's still there unfortunately...after removing that item and rebooting, the

adobe dlm is still in the add/remove and still refuses to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the getplus ActiveX is still in the program files?

Do a search and seach for this file: gp.ocx and find out where it is, I think it is in the downloaded program files and can be removed from there.

Adobe originally used this DLM for Adobe Reader/Acrobat. Then they started using it for other programs. I searched other forums and everyone is having problems with it and they can't Remove it from Add/Remove either.

There is one sure way of getting rid of it and that is to Uninstall Adobe Reader, Acrobat and Adobe Air(which unless you are a developer wouldn't need Adobe Air) That is drastic, but you can re-install them if you want. I think that is how you

got the DLM in the first place, perhaps an update of Reader or FP.

If you want to continue this tomorrow, it is getting late. 2AM for me.

Just tell me though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the getplus thing exists anymore but haven't done the last search you

suggested yet. I'll do that before I shut down here, but you don't need to stay up

and play this game with me anymore tonight.

I'll try not to make anything worse...thanks for your help and patience so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines