1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 17, 2010 10:57 PM by Foxchx

AIR SQL corrupting DB....

Foxchx Level 1

Very simple and yet very weird....

For some reason when my DB is transcoded to AIRSQL file it leaves out some entries....

Under the column "Address" some entries don't get in the file.... it leaves a blank space instead of the address, and it looks random too.

- I have that with only 2 column in my 30 column DB. (random missing entries)

- Both column use chinese (under the 21mb Arial(Utf8*) font)       *Don't remember exactly, but it's the only arial font allowing chinese characters...

- The working entries use both chinese/english/numbers (so we can dissmiss that as a problem)

- The Blank entries also use either just chinese or with numbers or with letters (so no real paterns)

What i see could be an issue.....

- If one or more chinese characters (IE. traditional over simplified) is not included in the arial(Utf8) font, could that cause a empty entry in AIRSQL DB? or a null return?

I will try to isolate characters from the missing entries and see if they show in other column or if my assumption above is right, Meanwhile any help on this would be appreciate.

thanks

• 1. Re: AIR SQL corrupting DB....
          Foxchx Level 1

Suprising to know that badge bugging up app is not an issue worth looking into....

Did adobe drop the badge idea already? I still see badge use widely in the AIR feild....But with all the worries about programInstal from browser and ActiveX issues.

Is that why nobody have insite on this stuff?

thanks