12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2010 12:31 AM by zakabalt

Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?

zakabalt

Hello, I'm a computer sciences enginner and in my work I'm using Adobe Flex. I want to do one Master Degree to improve my skills and to get one degree. I only know one degree and I can do in Madrid(Spain)

http://www.cice.es/master/programacion-flex

I want something like this but I want to do in another place to improve my Adobe Flex skills and my english skills.

Someone knows any master degree?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
          zakabalt Level 1

I don't know if Master degree is the correct word, but you see what I mean?

I prefer a official Master degree but if it isn't official for Adobe if it possible to be interested in this also.

• 2. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
            Gregory Lafrance Level 6

Get ACE certified:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/en/ace/ACE_Exam_Guide_FlexAIR.pdf

Free prep software:

http://software.pxldesigns.com/attest/

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

Greg Lafrance - Flex 2 and 3 ACE certified

www.ChikaraDev.com

Flex / AIR Development, Training, and Support Services

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
              zakabalt Level 1

This is interesting, but I'm asking about one Master degree. I don't know which is the word. I want one course. X time learning about Adobe Flex with one teacher, with face classes and a final exam and the certificate. If I have understood correctly your post, this is only a exam without teacher or face classes. I have understood wrong? Do you know any Master degree?

• 4. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
                pauland Level 4

zakabalt wrote:

This is interesting, but I'm asking about one Master degree. I don't know which is the word. I want one course. X time learning about Adobe Flex with one teacher, with face classes and a final exam and the certificate. If I have understood correctly your post, this is only a exam without teacher or face classes. I have understood wrong? Do you know any Master degree?

I think the terminology may be a problem. There are many companies that offer Flex training in classes and  then you can take the certification exam for Flex. There is no other qualification that directly is involved with Flex.

The term "Master Degree" is something rather more broadly based and would not be based on Flex alone, I would investigate thoroughly any course or organisation that promises a Flex Master Degree.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
                  zakabalt Level 1

Yes I have thought that the terminology was a problem, because I have been searching something like this and I haven't found nothing. I want one course like in the university, I don't know, 3-6 months learning about Adobe Flex to get one certificate.

If you find something please post here or send me a direct message. I have found only one interesting 'Master degree' in Spain, but I want to compare with another from another country.

Thanks for your answer!

• 6. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
                    pauland Level 4

I am not aware of any longer term courses as you describe. Shorter courses are expensive enough

• 7. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
                      zakabalt Level 1

The course that I have found in Madrid (Spain) have more or less 3 months longh. 4 hours for day and four days for weeks, more or less 3months, 240h. I want something like this, doesn't matter if it's a little shorter or longer, but something like this. I like this course but the only thing that I don't like is that I'm spanish and I want to do in another country to improve my english skills.

• 8. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
                        Gregory Lafrance Level 6

I suspect that most classes claiming to be Flex ACE certification preparatory classes will be pretty much a waste of time, and will not, in themselves lead to certification.

This is because there is a lot to learn to get certified, and if there are 4 - 8 students in the class, you won't get enough personal attention to make it worth it. And if the class offers 240 hours of class time, its too expensive to mae it worth it.

I got Flex 2 and 3 ACE certified by going though 3/5 of the Flex Builder help system TWICE for each exam, reading all the content and compiling all the sample programs. Do not read all the API docs in the help system, just the descriptive docs.

As you go through the help system the second time, create 3x5 review cards if you think you do not know the topic pretty well.

Save yourself some money and time. The above method works well.

• 9. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
                          JeffryHouser Level 4

Everybody learns differently; so for some a lecture style course will be much more productive than the method you describe.

I would also suspect that the certification exams are designed to "reward" people who take the formal Adobe courses, although I haven't taken he exams nor the courses so can't say for sure.

• 10. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
                            zakabalt Level 1

Yes, if I study taking some books in my home I will save money but for me lecture style course will be better. The reason is simple. If I'm in a course I could say in my job that I need time to go there, but if I study taking some books probably in my job they will say that I could do in my free time or taking less time to do that.

Apart of that, I prefer one course to disconnect from work.

Thanks to everybody for your help. I will continue reading this post, if someone have something more write here.

• 11. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
                              pauland Level 4

In my experience there are few employers that would give you the choice to

take that time out.

You are indeed lucky to have that choice. Most employers will sanction (and provide) training for a few days or even a couple of weeks, but months is certainly new to me.

Paul

• 12. Re: Someone knows any Adobe Flex Master Degree?
                                zakabalt Level 1

Yes I know, but when I started working in this company I said that I want to continue studing something and they said me that it will be possible. I'm 23, and if I improve my skills considerably  in some month will be better for they.

When I speak about months there aren't months without nothing in the company. I could go to de course 4 hours and work at home 4 hours more.

I don't know which is the best way to do that, I only want to know more courses to compare and decide.