3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 9:32 PM by kglad

Embedded Movie Timeline control problem

tom65536

Hi,

I'm suffering with this -- appreciate help as I'm searched-out.  It would seem to be (and I'm sure is) a simple problem.

I have SWF with linkage 'fsquare_mov' which I am loading into my mainSWF as follows:

_root.attachMovie("fsquare_mov", "fsquare1", this.getNextHighestDepth(), {_x:100, _y:100});

OK -- now lets talk about the insides of fsquare_mov.  It is very simple: 8 frames of alternating color followed by:

stop();

here is my problem --> When i run fsquare_mov on its own, it stops at the stop(); ((on its main timeline)

but when I load it into my mainSWF movie and play it -- it completely ignores the stop() and infinitely loops on me. 

What am I doing wrong?!!!  Also I have tried this.stop(); and still same behavior.

Appreciate your help

Tom

• 1. Re: Embedded Movie Timeline control problem
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

do you mean to say, you have  movieclip in your swf's library and that movieclip has several frames with a stop() on its last frame and has a linkage id="fsquare_mov"?

• 2. Re: Embedded Movie Timeline control problem
            tom65536 Level 1

Hi, and thanks for the reply

I mean to say:  I have a movieclip in my SWF's library and that movieclip has several frames with stop(); on them.   It does not have linkage_id = "fsquare_mov" on the last frame.  Instead I have right clicked on the movieclip in the library and added the linkage ID through the GUI

The movie attaches correctly to my main SWF and I see it when I run the movie.   The problem is that it blows right through all of the stop(); in the embedded movieclip's main timeline.

The actionscript on my main SWF is simply one line and one frame:

_root.attachMovie("fsquare_mov", "fsquare1", this.getNextHighestDepth(), {_x:100, _y:100});

MainSWF:
            mainSWF.jpg

imported movieclip

movieclip.jpg

• 3. Re: Embedded Movie Timeline control problem
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

if you import a swf, none of its actionscript will execute.  that includes stop().

create a new movieclip.  copy the frame from your imported swf to this new movieclip.  assign its linkage id (after disabling the linkage id of the imported swf).  retest.

and never, import a swf into another swf.