• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom icon strip - how to reference it in the HHC?

Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not get the custom icon strip to work for me. I think that I understood the overall concept but I do not know how to reference the bmp file in the HHC.Ricks Tips and Tricks file only states "make the reference inside the HHC file". Where exactly do I place the <param name="..." value="C:..BMP"> reference?

Perhaps there is an example?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert.

See if this link helps.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, thanks for the link that is a very interesting article. Regretably my curent problem is located at a much more basic level (I think). I found several examples on the net of separate references to the icon strip file, but never an overview of how the HHC should look when the reference was added. I simply dont know were to add it in the code of the HHC file.

I think I am missing something very basic and a simple example of an existing HHC in which a reference to an icon strip has been added would be extrremely helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

I don't believe placement of the param line is crucial. I believe the line may appear anywhere in the first section.

tmp1.png

Most likely the issue lies with the manner in which the BMP file is being referenced. Drive letter, etc. This part can be tricky and is likely totally responsible for so few authors choosing to adopt custom strips.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2010 Jan 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

thanks for your efforts despite my ignorance! My HHC file does not look like that, it has a different structure without an HTML list. After some fiddeling I got it to work now, even though I still did not find out why my TOC structure does not match yours (the binary TOC option is not active).

Instead of using the <param name="ImageList" value="C:tocimages.bmp"> line, I inserted the reference into the properties tag. My HHC looks like this now and it works:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<toc version="1.0">
<properties imagelist="C:tocimages.bmp">

</properties>

<item name=".." link="...html">

(here the TOC items follow)

</item>

</toc>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2010 Jan 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Sorry, you must be using version 8. They changed the structure in version 8 to an XML format.

I guess they must have concocted a way at compile time to convert the XML structure to what the Microsoft HTML Help compiler will be expecting.

Glad you got it sorted! Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp