2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2010 11:30 AM by the_wine_snob

DSLR Guide to Video

the_wine_snob Level 9

B & H Photo has just published a GUIDE for users of DSLR's for video. I do not know exactly how comprehensive this is, regarding equipment, but it should help those with Canon 5D/7D cameras, and also Nikon D-series DSLR's, that shoot video.

Hope that this helps everyone shooting video with DSLR cameras.

Hunt

• 1. Re: DSLR Guide to Video
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is a great find, Hunt!

I'm especially pleased because it offers the same advice we've been offering all along: Use a program like MPEG Streamclip to convert this video into a more standard video format before you bring it into an editor!

• 2. Re: DSLR Guide to Video
            the_wine_snob Level 9

It is a bit FCP-centric, but in general the info is not platform, or NLE-specific.

Also, sometimes it takes someone else saying something, to get the message across.

One contributor to the PrPro forum, who shoots both the 5D and 7D, and has been editing in Premiere, is doing an article on her workflow with this material. When she's done, I'll post it here too. So far, she's been 100% successful, and very pleased with the results. I think we'll be seeing more cross-purpose cameras, so more questions on their footage.

Hope that some of this helps,

Hunt