4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2010 4:37 AM by Dsotm

Swf frame number detection no longer working in 11.5

Dsotm

I have a movie that loads Flash swf files to sprite(41) and displays them at "displayslide" on the timeline. Some of the swf's have more than one frame, and on those frames are buttons to a video player further down the timeline at "showvideo". The button script picks up the frame of the flash swf, and the return button on the video player sends it back to that frame. Or it did until 11.5. Now it always sends it back to the first frame of the swf. Running a trace shows that it actually does pick up the correct frame, and the return button sends it back to the correct frame. But there seems to be a handling problem when it tries to redisplay the correct frame. I have managed to find a hack workaround by inserting a keyframe in sprite(41) and adding a script to the timeline which repoints to the correct frame. The problem is it now flashes up the first frame of the swf before going to the correct frame. Could this be a problem with the updateStage? The reason I say this is because I had to make the keyframe insert two frames long as one frame would not work

Here are the scripts:

--** Slideshow functions
      global slideframenum, slide, lastslide
      on showstart
        slide=1
        slideframenum=0
        lastslide=(the number of members of castlib "blank")/2
      end

on displayslide
        member("slidenumber","internal").text= "Slide "&slide&" of "&lastslide
        sprite(41).member=member((slide*2),"blank")
      _movie.updateStage()
        if slideframenum<>0 then
          sprite(41).goToFrame(slideframenum)  
        end if
        _movie.updateStage() 
      end

Here is the script on the video button

on showvideo myvid
        --** myvideo show
        slideframenum=sprite(41).frame 
        go to "showvid"
        sprite("1").member=member(myvid,"videoavi")
      end

This is the script on the return button of the video player

on mousedown
        go to "displayslide"
      end

I have had to insert this on the timeline before "displayslide"

global slideframenum
      on exitframe me
        sprite(41).goToFrame(slideframenum)
        slideframenum=0
      end

Regards

brian

• 1. Re: Swf frame number detection no longer working in 11.5
          Chunick Level 3

It's entirely possible this particular feature you're expecting from the older version is broken since the new Director Developer Team has rewritten much of the old codebase. If you could post a zipped file illustrating this issue (please don't post your project, but a stripped down version just illustrating the issue) then maybe I can get this entered into the bugbase.

• 2. Re: Swf frame number detection no longer working in 11.5
            Dsotm Level 1

Hi Joshua

Many thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure what I could strip out of this movie and still ahve it working and as its licensed by a client am a bit loath to upload it. I have found a quick method to get rid of the flashing frame problem - inserted a black full screen shape in the layer over the keyframe in question and upped the tempo to 999 for those frames.

Regards

brian

• 3. Re: Swf frame number detection no longer working in 11.5
              Chunick Level 3

Dsotm wrote:

Hi Joshua

Many thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure what I could strip out of this movie and still ahve it working and as its licensed by a client am a bit loath to upload it. I have found a quick method to get rid of the flashing frame problem - inserted a black full screen shape in the layer over the keyframe in question and upped the tempo to 999 for those frames.

Regards

brian

Glad you solved your problem. Too bad we couldn't get an example to reproduce this issue so that it could be submitted as a bug. Btw, in creating a stripped down version there is no need to provide your client's proprietary content... all that would be needed is for you to recreate the conditions of the error - even in a new project file would be fine.

• 4. Re: Swf frame number detection no longer working in 11.5
                Dsotm Level 1

Hi Joshua

I tried a stripped down version with a 3 frame swf simply dropped onto the timeline - the problem does not occur. That means I would have to upload the full movie as it draws multiple slides from an external library and drops them onto the timeline at runtime. This package was developed to replace normal training material and is used widely to train some 120 000 candidates per annum by several companies. As such I cannot therefore post the full movie as I have to protect the code that drives the whole thing.I will have to stick with McGyver fix for the meantime.

As each slide is pulled from a library, and the slide backgrounds from a separate swf library, I think that something new in 11.5 either has a problem with running multiple things at the same time, or has a problem in running a sequence of instructions.

Brian