5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 5:47 AM by simo_mox

Got Error #2004 on installing Air Application on Linux 32

simo_mox

Hello,

here's the problem.

I'm trying to install an AIR application developed by me on a Linux Suse 10.1, and i'm getting Error #2004 (invalid parameters) usign the GUI installer or AIR.

I've searched here and on the web too, and i've not found a clear solution. I don't know if the problem is on the machine or on my app.

I've installed another app on same pc and it worked fine.

What i have to do?

Thank you in advance

Simone

• 1. Re: Got Error #2004 on installing Air Application on Linux 32
          sanika Kulshreshtha Adobe Employee

Hi Simone,

Could you please generate the logs for AIR application installation. On a console, run 'touch .airappinstall.log'. After this, try installing your application and post the logs here - that will help us isolating the issue.

Thanks!

Sanika

• 2. Re: Got Error #2004 on installing Air Application on Linux 32
            simo_mox Level 1

Sure Sanika,

here's the log of the installation

stateInstallingWithElevation: enter install
            stateInstallingWithElevation: /opt/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer -runtime /opt -silent -logToStdout -url -location /opt -desktopShortcut -programMenu file:///home/vetrina2010/Desktop/photoviewer-v1.0.air
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Currently in use: 1 blocks containing 64,0 KiB bytes total.
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Allocated during whole lifetime: 6 blocks containing 245,6 KiB bytes total.
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Sample cache size: 0 B
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: User name: vetrina2010
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Host Name: linux-k7lr
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Server Name: pulseaudio
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Server Version: 0.9.12
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Default Sample Specification: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Default Sink: auto_null
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Default Source: alsa_input.pci_8086_293e_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Cookie: a3c2cda0
            subinstaller: Starting silent app install of file:///home/vetrina2010/Desktop/photoviewer-v1.0.air
            subinstaller: UI SWF load is complete
            subinstaller: UI initialized
            subinstaller: Unpackaging to /tmp/FlashTmp.IjiZCg
            subinstaller: unpackaging is complete
            subinstaller: application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0
            subinstaller: application is bound to this version of the runtime
            subinstaller: app id photoviewer
            subinstaller: pub id 3561AACD69EB1057590AE77C6F3BBA8C5CD3A432.1
            subinstaller: Application not located
            subinstaller: creating native installer in: /tmp/FlashTmp.t4TNn2
            subinstaller: native installer creation complete
            subinstaller: Starting install
            subinstaller: stateInstalling: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception ArgumentError: Error #2004" errorID=2004]
            Failed during elevated install: error 2004 Unhandled exception ArgumentError: Error #2004
            starting cleanup of temporary files
            application installer exiting

Maybe could be a problem inside the code of the application?

Thank you

• 3. Re: Got Error #2004 on installing Air Application on Linux 32
              simo_mox Level 1

Solved.

The problem was over the name of a file contained in the app.

Changed the name, solved the problem.

As a note, the name of the image contained a [1] string, that is wrong for unix systems.

Cheers.

• 4. Re: Got Error #2004 on installing Air Application on Linux 32
                sanika Kulshreshtha Adobe Employee

Hi Simone,

We would like to address this issue. Could you please attach a simple application which illustrates this problem?

Thanks!

Sanika

• 5. Re: Got Error #2004 on installing Air Application on Linux 32
                  simo_mox Level 1

Sure Sanika,

i will post soon a small application replicating the problem.

Cheers