2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2010 7:06 AM by Birchbus

Warning about NVIDIA beta driver "Fix"

Birchbus

I just had to revert to the last stable release drivers for NVIDIA, since the beta drivers 195.81 recommended by Adobe caused my monitor to display as black and white when returning from a suspend/sleep state.  If you search the support forums, this is not an isolated occurance...so just remember that they call them "beta" for a reason.

Sam

• 1. Re: Warning about NVIDIA beta driver "Fix"
          nealeh Level 5

This is what nvidia say on their website about beta drivers (enbolding by me):

Nvidia say:

Beta drivers are provided by NVIDIA as preview releases for quick bug fixes and access to new features. Beta drivers are under qualification testing, and may include significant issues. It is the end user's responsibility to protect system and data when using Beta drivers with NVIDIA products. It is strongly recommended that end users back up all the data prior to using Beta drivers from this site. Please ensure that newer Recommended/Certified drivers are not already posted on NVIDIA.com prior to installation and usage of Beta drivers. Beta drivers posted do not carry any warranties nor support services.

caveat emptor

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Warning about NVIDIA beta driver "Fix"
            Birchbus Level 1

nealeh wrote:

This is what nvidia say on their website about beta drivers (enbolding by me):

Nvidia say:

Beta drivers are provided by NVIDIA as preview releases for quick bug fixes and access to new features. Beta drivers are under qualification testing, and may include significant issues. <...>

I understood that when I tried to beta drivers...but I wanted to make sure that everyone else using an NVIDIA card knows it since the "sticky" advisory at the top of this forum tells people to load the beta drivers and that there are no known issues.  This is now a known issue...

I guess you have the option between PrE8 crashing or a black and white monitor...yeah!

Sam