2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2010 9:25 AM by the_wine_snob

tutor

givingupusa Level 1

Are there any

CS4 Pro tutors available in Portland Maine?

• 1. Re: tutor
          Matt Petersen Level 3

If you don't have any luck with tutors, have a look at lynda.com . good value and very comprehensive.

MP

• 2. Re: tutor
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I second Lynda.com, and will add Total Training to the list.

I saw that you have CiaB PrPro CS4 (from another thread), and would urge you to step through Curt's writings. He takes one from the shooting to the editing, and also offers a lot of the "why" for doing what he does. It might seem slightly alien at first, but his book takes one, step-by-step in easy increments, so that by the third chapter, most of the program will have been unveiled. Don't be intimidated by it. It is a lot more comprehensive and also user-friendly, than it might look to begin with. I'm using it to learn CS4, even though I only have PrPro 2.0 on any machine. Now, I have the benefit of prior knowledge, but trust me, learning a new software, while "playing along at home" on older software, is not that easy. Still, Curt does such a good job, that I can follow closely, even on the older software.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - unfortunately, most community college courses probably focus on Apple's FCP. Now, if you can find one using Adobe Premiere Elements, you can easily interpolate from such a course.