10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 1:12 PM by dm_gpc

RH8 conversion (bullet images and numbered lists are different)

dm_gpc

Version 8.0.2.208

Conversion of 1200 htm files.

Has anyone experience bullet images in their custom styles changing from RH7 to RH8 and numbers in numbered lists resized?

Bullets

I noticed that all my bullet images have changed. They are OK in Design view, but change when the topics are previewed and generated.

• For example, if the style used a small square bullet image, it was changed to the bullet used at the beginning of this sentence.

If I attempt to create a new bullet list in the existing topic using the Normal style (Arial 12)  and Formatting Toolbar (Bullets), the bullet and text are changed to (Arial 10) and the style name changes to (none) in Design view. Preview and generated is also Arial 10 for both.

Numbered Lists

Most of the existing converted topics used the Normal style and Formatting Toolbar (Numbers) for numbered lists. There is spacing between each numbered line. The numbers and text are in (Arial 12) in Design view, but the numbers are (Arial 10) when the topics are previewed and generated and the text remains (Arial 12).

If I select the numbered list, click the numbered list icon to turn off numbering, and then click to turn on numbering, the numbers and text are (Arial 10) and the style is changed to (none). Output and preview are (Arial 10). The spacing between the numbered items is deleted.

I have to then highlight that list and change the style back to Normal for (Arial 12) text.

If I attempt to create a new numbered list in the existing topic using the Normal style (Arial 12)  and Formatting Toolbar (Bullets), the bullet and text are changed to (Arial 10) and the style name changes to (none) in Design view. Preview and generated is also Arial 10 for both.

This has taken up a lot of my time. Any clues?

Donna