5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2010 9:09 AM by Unclepullmyfinger

Files are off line now encoder wont work

Unclepullmyfinger Level 1

I have been working on a slideshow in Premiere pro CS4 saved all my files went over to After effects for a day came back to Premiere and all of my files were off line I tried to reconnect them and it said files are to big (Something like that) so I deleted all of my projects and started over now Ive tried to export one simple photo for a slide show and does not show up in the adobe media encoder.Im not doing anything crazy here.Oh the pain

Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Files are off line now encoder wont work
          the_wine_snob Level 9

What size and format are your still images? PrPro has a 4000 pixel limit on the largest dimension. Also, if your stills are oversized for your Project, they will have to be scaled down in PrPro. Both the quality and the resource load on the computer will benefit if you do the resizing in PS first.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Files are off line now encoder wont work

Thanks Bill

I checked the images they are around 2000 pixels max.Everything worked fine until I came back from After Affects now Premiere wont do anything correct I really need to get this working any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just started a new session and imported 1 shot and only changed the scale   rendered it and now its very blurry.Nothing is working right.

• 3. Re: Files are off line now encoder wont work
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Did you use Adobe Dynamic Link to get your images into an AE Comp, or did you manually create the AE Comp?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Files are off line now encoder wont work

Thanks again Bill for your time.

When I was using after affects it had nothing to do with what I was working on in Premiere.

I tried again this morning to bring in just one photo the only thing I did to it was scale it down after I rendered it.It was super blurry.Ive tried this a few times and have gotten the same result.

Im lost this is such a simple progect.

Please help

• 5. Re: Files are off line now encoder wont work
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, after you Scale your image, do a Render. Remember, previewing in the Program Monitor is just an emulation. To view for critical grading, a calibrated CRT TV monitor will be better. However, you can set your Program Monitor to display 100% (not Fit), and Display Quality to Highest.

Also be aware that the scaling algorithms in PrPro are not as good as those in Photoshop and offer far less control over the scaling. I do all of my resizing in PS, prior to Import into PrPro, and establish the exact size that I will need, usually the exact Frame Size as my Project, or calculated to the exact size that I will need, if I must pan on a zoomed out image. This ARTICLE will give you some tips on resizing in PS.

Hope that this helps on the quality issue, and good luck,

Hunt