1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2008 2:49 AM by SujitG

File Upload Question

zababun
      I'm working on an RIA application and for UI part I'm using Cairngorm micro-architecture and JAVA for server-side. BlazeDS as a communication mechanizm between client and server.

I would like to use Cairngorm approach to write a logic for uploading images to db server, but I can't seem to find a suitable solution. FileReference class uses http post method to upload files, but I would like to do some manipulation to images on a client (resize is one of them) and send them as base64 strings along with other data in custom value objects to my server.

The problem is that I don't know how to get a reference to a chosen file on a client machine. FileReference class doesn't seem to have such functionality. File class which extends FileReference class is part of the package which is available for AIR applications.

For other parts of the app I use DTO objects and my intention is to preserve this approach for all client-server communications.

Can somebody suggest any workarounds or should I simply stick to whatever FileReference can offer and use HTTP post method to upload images to my server.

I'm pretty new to flex/as3, so any suggestions, recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thanks.