5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2010 4:14 PM by mkinzlma1

PE8 Crashes after auto-analyzing a clip

mkinzlma1

Hi All,

Has anyone got any idea why when I auto analyze a clip PE8 crashes after I dismiss the "auto analyze complete" dialog popup ?

I have all background tasks disabled as described in the FAQ and only analyze clips as needed manually.

After successfully completing a dialog box is displayed, once I press the ok button PE8 crashes.

I have attached a gspot capture of one of the files that was analyze prior to the crash.

Thanks

Mike

BTW I have all windows updates and nvidia 195.81 beta driver

• 1. Re: PE8 Crashes after auto-analyzing a clip
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are any number of possible reasons, from your hardware to your operating system and drivers.

Which version of Windows are you using? Have you gone manually to Windows Update and downloaded even the non-critical updates?

Do you have the latest version of Quicktime?

Have you freshly defragmented your hard drive, and do you have at least 50 gigabytes of free, defragmented space on your C drive?

• 2. Re: PE8 Crashes after auto-analyzing a clip
            Steve C2 Level 2

Hi,

I have also had problems with PE8 and its stability.  My problem might not be exactly the same as the one mentioned above, but I can say that I have all Windows updates, the latest Quicktime, 157GB of free drive space on the drive being used, and recently defragmented drives.  I think that there are problems with PE8, but it is difficult to replicate the problems.  It is possible, although it is not common, for a problem with an application to emerge after Windows updates are applied to a pc.

• 3. Re: PE8 Crashes after auto-analyzing a clip
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              It is possible, although it is not common, for a problem with an application to emerge after Windows updates are applied to a pc.

This often manifests itself with audio and video drivers, that are rendered obsolete with the OS updates. Many simple players are not affected, confusing many, but an NLE program, like PrE, interfaces much more critically with these drivers.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PE8 Crashes after auto-analyzing a clip
                the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE might be helpful in setting up one's computer for an NLE session.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: PE8 Crashes after auto-analyzing a clip
                  mkinzlma1 Level 1

I have windows XP media center with all the latest updates and quicktime.

I think I may have found the problem.

Since the crash occurred after the auto analyzer completed it seemed to me that perhaps it was trying to interface with the organizer which I did not have running.

I loaded the organizer and then analyzed several clips without PE8 crashing.

Is it required to have the organizer running when auot analyzing ?

Do most on the forum run it this way ?

Thanks

Mike