3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2007 1:14 AM by derRaab();

ASDoc with external swc

julio_g
      I need to generate the documentation from a project using ASDoc. The problem is that the project includes some classes from an swc library for which I don't have the source code.
      the command that I am running is:
      asdoc -source-path src -doc-sources src -external-library-path+= c:\'Program Files'\MDM\'MDM Zinc v2.5'\swc\mdm.swc
      If I add the option to -exclude-classes I get the following error:
      "default arguments may not be interspersed with other options"

Help would be very much appreciated.
        • 1. Re: ASDoc with external swc
          Karl_Sigiscar_1971 Level 3

Some SWC files do have the sources (a hierarchy of class files), others only have some compiled classes and/or assets.

You can easily check by changing the .swc extension to .zip and open the archive.

ASDoc does need to parse the sources to generate the documentation.

There is no workaround.
          • 2. Re: ASDoc with external swc
            derRaab(); Level 1
            Hello! I'm also working with an external SWC created by Flash CS3 which only contains exported graphical assets like logos and stuff.

Within Flex I simply load the according SWF file and have full access to these assests. (Added the SWC as external library path).

So now I wanted to export my classdocumentation using ASDoc but this fails because ASDoc throws an error like: Type was not found (no compile time constant).

Within the SWC there's only a catalog.xml which seems to represent all the contents within the SWF, but ASDoc doesn't recognise this contents.

Is there a way to create sourcecode out of the catalog.xml?
            • 3. Re: ASDoc with external swc
              derRaab(); Level 1
              It works when you put your used SWC into the

Flex SDK/frameworks/libs

directory! But is there no way to tell asdoc to also use a separate SWC within my project sources?