• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-recording narration for Full Motion capture--how to see video? (Captivate 3)

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2010 Jan 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'd like to use a full motion capture, and then re-narrate that capture so it sounds more polished. The capture encompasses a total of about 5 slides in a row. I'm clicking on the first slide, then clicking 'Audio', and 'record from this slide' (and defining the range of slides I wish to re-narrate).

When I do this, it will let me re-record the audio, but I can't see the actual capture--as if the video hasn't been rendered.  It's just a blank white screen, so I can't see what I'm narrating, even though I have the "continuous play" box checked. Even after I save the project it won't play. I've also tried publishing the project (thinking this will render the video) but afterwards I still don't see the motion capture when trying to re-narrate.

Is there a way to render the capture so it plays the full motion video as I'm re-narrating the audio (or some other solution to whatever is causing this issue?)  This would be a HUGE help!

Any assistance is appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2010 Feb 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem with one of my projects.

I would be very appreciative of a response or direction to another post where this issue has been broached.

Thank you,

Stacie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2010 Feb 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Probably the best way to approach this would be to use the "Preview in Web Browser" option. Then you could stage things so you click to begin recording narration, then play the video and narrate what you are seeing. Likely this would result in some garbage to edit out later. Perhaps a lengthy silent part as you are preparing things to record.

You might also consider submitting a Bug Report to state that the process as it has been designed isn't working for you.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources