4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2010 1:34 PM by the_wine_snob

PE4-Web slideshow pics are not clear

rkmjcha

I created a photoslide show in Photoshop Elements 6 then saved as wmv.  The pictures were sized at 4x6 (1200x1800/300 pixels) in PE6.  I then created a "new" slideshow in Premier Elements 4 where I added the wmv file so I can add music and a credits clip.  When I was done, I went to "share", Personal Computer, Windows Media and the preset was NTSC Flash Video 7 256k.  The frame size was 320x240 (it is grayed out so I dont think I can change these settings), the Frame Rate was 30, the file size was 11.8.  I uploaded the video to my blog and it is quite blurry/pixelated.  What do I need to do to make the pictures clearer in my slideshow?

Thank you for your help!!!

Kathy

• 1. Re: PE4-Web slideshow pics are not clear
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What you've done is essentially take one WMV file and turned it into a smaller FLV.

I'm not sure why you're doing that. Why not just post your the original WMV that you created in Photoshop's Organizer?

On the other hand 320x240 is the standard size for online video. The quality is reduced as well as the size of the video frame -- but this makes for much more efficient streaming over the internet.

But I'd try the WMV you created in Photoshop's Organizer and see if you and your friends can play it over the internet. If not, you will have to compromise the video's quality and/or frame size so that it can stream effectively.

• 2. Re: PE4-Web slideshow pics are not clear
            rkmjcha Level 1

The reason I did not use the wmv file from pe6 is because I wanted to add a few features from pe4 such as music that fades at the end and a credits page.  Do I need to downsize my original pictures to a certain size?  If so, which size is the best for online sharing.  Im not sure if you are saying the prints should be at 320x240 or the video size (I don't even know if there is such a thing as video size, but I'm not real saavy on video tech, so please clarify if that size is what my pictures should be at)

Thank you so much for your reply and I look forward to your reply and any other help you or the community can give.

• 3. Re: PE4-Web slideshow pics are not clear
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you are going to send your slideshow to Premiere Elements for finishing, you should not save your slideshow as a WMV. You should select the option to Send to Premiere Elements, which will send your slideshow to your Premiere Elements timeline. Once it's there, you can right-click on it and turn it back into individual clips for further editing if you'd like.

As for the original photos, you'll get the best all around performance if you size them to no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size before you use them in a project you're sending to Premiere Elements.

• 4. Re: PE4-Web slideshow pics are not clear
                the_wine_snob Level 9

If you do resize in PSE, this ARTICLE will give you some tips on doing so. It's written for Photoshop, but translates to most of the things in PSE.

Besides reducing your overhead, when dealing with larger, than necessary, still images, the quality will improve, as the resizing interpolation alogrithms in PS/PSE are better than those in PrE (or PrPro), and offer more control.

Good luck,

Hunt