Since you are transitioning that text, Im guessing that you have that text in a minimum of two states. When you did the "Edit in Illustrator" it made that change only in the state you were working in. If you look at the same textfield in the other state, it will be the old one. One thing you can do to fix that, is on the state where you did the modification, right-click on it and choose "Make same in all states". Now, one thing to know is that this action literally makes the textfield the exact same thing on all states that it already appears. So X,Y,Width,Height,Color,Alignment, everything will be the same. So it will be a little crappy to have to redo the X/Y but it will visually be the same object. Thats my best guess on what you can do to try and fix it. Hope this helps.
Now that I think about it, I bet you are right. In the second state the text object is set to be hidden so I didn't notice that it was still the old text. I guess I assumed that when I edited it in Illustrator that it updated it in all states. I'll take another look at it tonight and see if that doesn't fixe it for me.
I had this same issue. Hopefully Adobe updates the "edit in" functions b/c right now IT'S REALLY BUGGY to me. Everytime time I try to update a file my animations get messed up or reset and I have to start over.
I think their should be a default setting in preferences that you can check to automatically update all instances.
Well, it is now 5 months later and the bug never got fixed.
I am running CS5 premium, and when I select a graphic in FC and select to "edit in" AI CS5 I get "Adobe Illusttrator CS5 must be installed". It is installed!
Do I really have to reinstall it or is there a registry entry I can modify?
That should not be happening. Can you please write back with these two pieces of diagnostic information?
- What folder is Catalyst installed to?
- Click the "Edit in Adobe Illustrator" menu item in Catalyst to get the error message. Then quit Catalyst, and locate the following file:
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash Catalyst/workspace/.metadata/.log (note that files/folders starting with "." are invisible in Finder, so you may have to use the Terminal to get to this file)
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Flash Catalyst\workspace\.metadata\.log
- Windows 7/Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Catalyst\workspace\.metadata\.log
Please send us this file (you should be able to post it as an attachment to your forum reply).
We'll take a look from there and try to figure out what's going wrong.
Oh, and re the original January thread:
We are considering a setting to have modifications apply across all states. We may add this functionality in a future release.
In the meantime, one quick shortcut is this:
- Do you editing in AI (or PS)
- When you come back to Catalyst, choose "States > Make Same in All Other States" (or click the button in the black heads-up display)
Hope that comes in handy!