• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open books on Elonex Reader

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2010 Jan 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help please? I am unable to open books transferred to my Elonex reader - free books can be transferred with no problem. I have reinstalled ADE ( the books can be opened on the computer) and authorised the reader following the instructions but when I try to transfer the books to the reader just keep getting the message "No valid licence for the book" I have contacted Elonex and Waterstones to no avail!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2010 Jan 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did you resolve the problem? I am getting the same message myself, although the first book I downloaded from Waterstones was ok. Like you I have contacted Waterstones and Elonex to no avail. Also Adobe. If you found a solution PLEASE let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2010 Jan 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Firmware Update is now available on Elonex support page which has corrected this problem and some extra features added.

I can now transfer all my DRM books to the reader. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Firmware Update is now available on Elonex support page which has

corrected this problem and some extra features added.

I can now transfer all my DRM books to the reader. Good luck

C Budden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Many thanks for the info. but I had already downloaded the latest firmware and was still getting the message No valid licence for this book. Now I have too many activations and when I try to transfer a book from ADE to the reader it says something like This process is not allowed.I feel things are just getting worse!!!!

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry to hear that. It took me several attempts to 'unzip' the files

but once that was done the rest loaded automatically then when I reconnected

to ADE the reader was reloaded and authorised.

Hope you can get it sorted.

C Budden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the fast reply. I will try downloading the Elonex firmwear again if possible and see if this sorts the issue out. It will probably be later today when I have the time but I will let you know what happens, if anything!!!

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, Still no luck. Downloaded the Elonex firmware again but when I went to system management on the ereader to upload it it said I already had the latest firmware installed. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add that once I had updated the eReader with the firmware I did have to copy the books to the reader again before it stopped giving me the no valid license error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can`t copy books to the reader because I now have too many activations. Even after updating the reader with the firmware it wouldn`t let me copy books to it as all I got was the `no licence` message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2010 Jan 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry you are having so much trouble. I know I didn't find it straight

forward. In fact once I had downloaded the file from Elonex I still couldn't

unzip it and in the end I downloaded a free 'unzip' software package. That

did the trick and opened the folder and extracted the two files inside and

from then on it was straight forward. Like you I did delete the DRM books and

then when I transferred them back they went into a new Digital Editions

folder on the reader .

C Budden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines