• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conflicts with CFReport tag and custom JasperReports feature within our application

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2008 Jun 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company's application was previously on ColdFusion 6.1 and working fine. We built a reporting feature using JasperReports to generate reports (which were created with iReport) which also allowed the ability to export in PDF (iText) or Excel (Apache POI) and included the use of Barcodes (IDAutomation). All of this was done either in ColdFusion CFC/CFM files or with Java JAR/class files.

We were able to upgrade our system to the latest ColdFusion 8. Everything is working fine and so far we don't have any problems. That is until we decided to use ColdFusion Report Builder and the CFReport tag. After pounding our heads against the wall we have figured out that we can use one or the other but not both. If we use our JasperReport feature, any CFReport that is run, gives an error. We have tried using a different application scope but that doesn't seem to do anything. If we instead generate a CFReport first, then our custom JasperReports code is unable to compile any new templates. However we have noticed in this scenario that it is still able to generate a report if the template is already compiled (.jasper file instead of a .jrxml).

After some research on the web I've come across Java Proxy (can even see a JavaProxy called in the ColdFusion error dump). I believe that since the classes have the same name (net.sf.jasperreports.engine.*) different JARs are being used and loaded depending which is ran first (our custom jasperreports or cfreports).

What I'm needing is some help hopefully figuring out a way to get them both to peacefully coexist. Or at the very least some insight as to what is happening in hope I can understand it and figure out a solution.

Our application uses the following JARs:

jasperreports-1.2.6.jar
poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar (ability to write out in Excel file format)
iText-1.3.5.jar (ability to write out in PDF file format)
barbecue-1.1.jar (barcode used in iReport but can't create valid 2D barcodes)
iReport-1.2.6.jar (has façade/facade class that allows iReport to generate barcodes using barbecue)
IDAutomation-PDF417-4.10.jar (new 2D barcode meant to replace barbecue)
IDAutomation-Linear-4.10.jar (new 1D barcode meant to replace barbecue)
TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As for me, I am testing the related pdf-417 barcode scanner these days. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? I am totally a green hand on barcode field. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Arron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my friends suggest me try another .net barcode scanner, I wonder whether you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, has your problem been solved? I'm also a fresh hand, but I've ever scanned pdf 417, so I have the experience about it. I've ever found the tutorial of how to read pdf417 barcode in jasper report on goole. So I hope it will also help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation