4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 9:52 AM by Nathan Sabo

Play video on rollover. How?

Nathan Sabo

Does anyone know how to get a video to play upon rollover and pause upon rolling out? Here's an example: http://www.holdenouterwear.com/078/

Roll over the dark gray stripe and click on Contact. Roll over the videos to start them. I have not been able to find any info out there on how this is done. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Play video on rollover. How?
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

I'm not seeing any of the videos change state on a mouse movement of any sort in that example site. There is a pause/play control at the bottom of the window. In any case, you can use the video player component as you want by writing a mouseEnter and a mouseLeave function for the component.

• 2. Re: Play video on rollover. How?
            Nathan Sabo Level 1

Thanks for the reply! Can you please explain further or provide an example of code? Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Play video on rollover. How?
              robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Are you using AS2 or AS3? Are you using an FLVPlayer component or

do you have the video embedded directly into the timeline? What does your code look like now?

• 4. Re: Play video on rollover. How?
                Nathan Sabo Level 1

I'm not using any code yet. The file consists of a Photoshop document containing 4 pictures and editable text underneath each picture. I've imported a video as an FLVPlayer component as well as an embedded video & have had no luck with either. Basically when one of the pictures is rolled over, I want the video to start playing. The video should be masked out in the shape of the picture (a square with rounded corners).

I've tried making the picture a button and having the video on the over state. I've attached the Flash file and the video file to help illustrate. Thanks again!