1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 5:21 AM by Steve Grisetti

Organizer crashes from PE8 & PSE8

ruffhouseutah

Something has corrupted the Organizer, it now immediately crashes every time I try to open it from PE8 or PSE8.

Tried all of the Adobe troubleshooting steps, registry edits, everything, to no avail. It's been working happily for weeks, then... BOOM! Can't start it no matter what, even after re-installation.

Anyone else using WIN 7 64-bit have that happen lately? I'm thinking it's a recent Windows update, because I was able to do a system restore and get back up and running again... now I'm nervous to apply the updates that I am now behind on...

• 1. Re: Organizer crashes from PE8 & PSE8
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In fact, almost everyone using Windows 7 64-bit is having problems with Premiere Elements 8. It appears that the 64-bit drivers are not yet compatible with this 32-bit program.

Meantime, you may be able to force the Organizer to rebuild your catalog. Go to C;/Documents & Settings/All Users/Application Data/Adobe/Elements Organizer/Catalogs and change the name of your catalog folder to something like 'OLD CATALOG'.