4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2010 5:14 PM by Harm Millaard

for cs3

Level 4

Hi

Is there a test for benchmarking a machine running CS3 ?

Thanks

Rod

• 1. Re: for cs3
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Unfortunately, no. If you happen to know the PassMark results of people like Jay or myself, you can use the PassMark test to get some feeling for your systems performance. At different clockspeeds my scores on that test varied between 4300 and 6055, depending on the amount of fine tuning the system. As an example, here are my results running @ 3.4 GHz:

Passmark 3,4.jpg

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: for cs3
            Level 4

Hi

Thanks Harm,

What do you have , a nuclear powered PC ?

Tried the trial version of that program and tested...for a Dell Inspiron it's doing pretty good...

Will build new one this summer, God willing.... and at that point my hardware questions will become rampant.

Rod

• 3. Re: for cs3
              Harm Millaard Level 7
              What do you have , a nuclear powered PC ?

No, it is a GREEN machine. You know I don't like green disks, but this machine runs not on nuclear energy, but on green electricity. However, I have to admit I spent some time on fine tuning the system to get these results. It does pay off I think when looking at my benchmark results and my rendering times.

• 4. Re: for cs3
                Harm Millaard Level 7

But it is running on steroids according to the latest http://ppbm4.com benchmarks. Still the top position, even after 4 months.