2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 12:14 PM by mtnmad

Adobe Reader 9.3 will not open in Adobe Acrobat Pro 8

mtnmad

We are currently running Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional Version 8.2.0 with Acrobat Distiller 8 and Adobe Live Cycle Disigner 8.0. I have downloaded Adobe Reader 9.3, but it still will not open 9.3 documents it defaults to the Reader 8 and I get an error message.

How do I change the default Reader to 9.3 or do I have to buy the upgrade for Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 in order to be able to open and use on-line forms that require 9.3?

Help!

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader 9.3 will not open in Adobe Acrobat Pro 8
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are running Windows, you have an unsupported and non-recommended setup. You should only have one Acrobat/Reader product installed. More than that can break them.

In the meantime, you can go to Task Manager and make sure to quit out of all other versions then open 9.3 and use File>Open to open the PDF.

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader 9.3 will not open in Adobe Acrobat Pro 8
            mtnmad Level 1

Well that is my question, we have a fully authorized and purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro

When I do an update for Adobe Acrobat 8, it does not install the updated Reader 9.3.

In order to update the Reader to 9.3, I have to install it seperately. It does that, but when I open 9.3 it defaults to the 8 Reader.

So I guess the answer to my question is that I have to update to the 9.3 full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro, what a rip by Adobe just so we can use the newest "free" Reader.