5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2010 8:47 PM by SuperScirocco

QTFC Issues with Premiere Pro CS4?

pcgamer112

Hello there.

So recently, I have been having issues with my adobe programs. I have the Master Collection CS4 and when I launch programs like After Effects, it tells me the following.

"QuickTime functions will be disabled because a compatible version of QuickTime could not be found"

and here's my real issue. When I go to launch Premiere Pro CS4, I get the following error.

"Adobe Premiere Pro.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point QTCF_CFUniCharGetUnicodePropertyDataForPlane could not be located in the dynamic library link QTCF.dll"

I click OK and it pops up again, then premiere launches. How do I get rid of this error? I have tried reinstalling Master Collection and Quicktime but that didn't help.

I cannot afford to reformat computer as I'm very busy and need my programs to work.

Thankyou for your time and support.

-Matthew.

• 1. Re: QTFC Issues with Premiere Pro CS4?
          TheMasterAtAdobe

To answer your question. I had the same problem that you had. I was using Quicktime 7. So I downgraded by downloading Quicktime 6.4

Here's a link:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120297

So I installed QT 6.4, and the error message is no longer there. But there is another issue, I try to import or find a file that is a .mov and it says File format not supported. Which is weird because you get that if you don't have quicktime installed. That may be an entirely different problem. But hope this at least helps you answer your question.

UDP&R Staff

http://udpr.bluangelnet.com

• 2. Re: QTFC Issues with Premiere Pro CS4?
            Andy Urtu Level 1

What version of quicktime are you using?  7.4.5 works.  7.5.5 should work.  I am using 7.6.2

This could also be a corrupted install of QT.

• 3. Re: QTFC Issues with Premiere Pro CS4?
              TheMasterAtAdobe Level 1

I am using 7.6.4 and something happens. Hear this. I installed Premiere Pro CS3 to try and test and see if I get the error and whether or not I can import .mov files. So I got it working and sure enough, the error did not show and I was able to import .mov files. This is weird. I never had this problem before. When did apple release 7.6.4 (the latest version)?  It could be the corrupt QT version. But do you know where i can get a version 7.5.5 version?

• 4. Re: QTFC Issues with Premiere Pro CS4?
                SuperScirocco

Hi, I had same problem using Adobe CS4 Premiere Pro 4.2.on Windows XP SP3 32bit.  Also have QuickTime Pro 7.6.5  installed.

Problem is solved via Apple Forums - iTunes.exe thread:  b  noir (32,669 posts)

I HAD QTCF.dll in Adobe program folder.  DELETED IT.   I may  have put it there when got "QTCF.dll not found" error.

No further problems after restart.

QT 7 is  required for some  programs: Newer iTunes, Adobe CS4, Autodesk programs, etc.

Here is discussion of same problem with iTunes:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2262389&tstart=0#10725555

Re: iTunes.exe - Entry Point Not Found - QTCF error popup - can't open iTunes

- -- - - - -- ----  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -- -- - - - -- ----  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -
                Posted: Dec 11, 2009 4:09 PM  by: b noir (32,669 posts)
                "The procedure entry point QTCF_CFUniCharGetUnicodePropertyDataForPlane could not be located in the dynamic link library QTCF.dll"

That one is usually caused by an old copy of QTCF.dll that has been misplaced on the system. (Usually the lurker is down in system32, but it can show up in other locations as well.)
                First we'd better find all the misplaced QTCF.dlls on your system, and confirm that you've currently got one in the right place.
                (FROM A POSTED REPLY:)
                "only one QTCF.dll file was found, in....
                (C:\Program Files\QuickTime).

(RESPONSE:)
                b noir (32,669 posts): That's in the right location, so you were quite right not to delete that one."

- -- - - - -- ----  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -- -- - - - -- ----  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -

Problem is solved via b noir (32,669 posts)

I HAD QTCF.dll in Adobe program folder.  I may have put it there when got "QTCF.dll not found" error.

QT 7 is required for some  programs: Newer iTunes,  iLife: 06 on (iMovie, Garageband) , Adobe CS4, Autodesk programs, etc.

Message was edited by: SuperScirocco to separate out solution by 'b noir' in iTunes thread.

Message was edited by: SuperScirocco on May 22, 2010   - Just put how I fixed Adobe problem first, then the iTunes reference second.  Added "DELETED IT."

• 5. Re: QTFC Issues with Premiere Pro CS4?
                  SuperScirocco Level 1

Hi, I have same problem using Adobe CS4 Premiere Pro 4.2.on Windows XP SP3 32bit.  Also have QuickTime Pro 7.6.5  installed.

Get 17 of the error messages in sequence if proceed to export media.  Source file is DV video and PCM audio.

When Start Queue in Media Encoder 4.1.0.107 (NOT the latest):

Get no errors when start queue if convert to Mpeg-2 with mp3 audio.

Get 21 errors in row if convert to Audio Only - AAC.

Question- what operating system using and have latest CS4 component updates?

You can get any non-current version of QuickTime for Windows at:

http://www.oldapps.com/quicktime_player.php