2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2010 9:46 PM by c00j02

Using Catalyst with MS Expression Web

c00j02

I'm trying out Catalyst and found it easy to use and quickly created a .swf with an embedded video.  Where I'm having difficulties is using the .swf in a website created with Expression Web.  I've made sure I've included all of the files in the "deploy-to-web" folder, but the video will not play on a website.  It works when using the files in the "run local" folder, but not online.

I've used other .swf files (created elsewhere) that have worked fine in the Expression Web site.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Using Catalyst with MS Expression Web
          acath Level 4

Hi,

I'm not familiar with Expression Web, but SWFs created in Catalyst will work regardless of what applications you use to edit your HTML.

If you are in the process of developing the site, and you run it on your local machine, you must use the files in the run-local folder - otherwise you will get errors.

If you have deployed the site, and you have the SWFs on the web server, you must use the files in the deploy-to-web folder - otherwise you will get errors.

What exactly do you mean by "the video will not play"? What do you see happening when you load the site?

-Adam

• 2. Re: Using Catalyst with MS Expression Web
            c00j02 Level 1

Thank you for your response.

Your answer confirmed that my thought process was correct.  I used all of the files in the deploy-to-web folder.  There must be some compatibility issue with Expression Web.  They have a tool for placing Flash within the site and I linked it to the correct .swf file and I was sure to include all of the files in the deploy-to-web folder in the same file.  When I publish everything to the site and go to the page, the video seems to load, but it will not play.

I'll keep experimenting.

Thanks again.