What happens if you drag one in first and set that up as you wish..then drag the rest in.
AME seems to default to the last used setup in my experience.
Yea...I tried that earlier...and then again just to be certain...so I changed the output destination of the 1st file, unfortunately, AME picks up the "format" and "preset" only from the initial file, but alas, does not copy the revised output destination...which means manually changing each entry...a RPITA
Maybe the AME guys should have a pint or three with with the PS CS4 mates...BP in PS is a killer utility...
1 person found this helpful
Maybe easier to just allow them to save to the Source Folder than drag them to the new folder later.
OK,,,Here's a cludggy work around:
AME>File>Create Watch Folder
1. Create and name a new folder (i.e AME Watch Folder) somewhere on the source HD by right-clicking>Rename...closer to the root the easier to monitor
2. Temporarily Copy desired BP files to the newly named Watch Folder
3. Open AME
4. AME should see the all files present with Input Folder being the Watched Folder you created.
5. The Output Folder will automatically be created by AME and should show up as ...Watched Folder>Output
6. Verify that all formats/presets are properly inherited. If not Alt>A select and click Settings etc.
7. Hit Start Que. You'll see the progress bar showing encoding etc...
8. Go to Watch Folder/Output...the BP files should be there...at this point you can Move them to wherever, then delete the Watched Folder and Output Folder contents and reuse for another BP...
Yea... I know...cludggggggy...but it beats renaming the Output destination manually for 50 or more files....
Anybody else got a workaround...I'd love to hear it...
Colin...yeap that'll work...mo betta...I guess that becomes a default output folder...simpler and more elegant...unless you forget to change the default folder in prefs...which is NBD,,,,but, IMHO I think it should be a much easier to Mass Output for BP..
Mi Dos Pesos(.00002US)
but, IMHO I think it should be a much easier to Mass Output for BP..
I agree with you there. Why you can set the format and select the preset for multiple files, but not do the same for an output location is beyond me--only Adobe could explain (though I'm sure they won't). A feature request wouldn't hurt...
Glad that got you rolling, though. Happy encoding!