3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2010 1:06 PM by the_wine_snob

Re-rendering

trickyrick583

Hi guy and gals

I have a a few avi's (short clips) that i want to use Premiere Elements go put together into one clip.  Is there any way to do that and save to avi without re-rendering

Thanks

• 1. Re: Re-rendering
          the_wine_snob Level 9

So much will depend on the full specs. of your AVI files. AVI is but a "wrapper," and much can be inside that. This ARTICLE will give you some background, and tips for peeking inside the wrapper.

If you Export/Share a DV-AVI to that format, the tiny bit of re-compression in Transcode will not be noticed.

If you want a totally lossless format/CODEC, look into the Lagarith Lossless.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - welcome to the forum!

• 2. Re: Re-rendering
            trickyrick583 Level 1

Thanks for the reply I read both links

Im going to try the lossless codec

Thanks again

Rick

• 3. Re: Re-rendering
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Once you have downloaded and installed the Lagarith Lossless CODEC, it should appear in the list of AVI (beyond the DV flavors, and others) in the Compression drop-down (the one that usually defaults to Cinepak by Radius). I'd show it to you, but I only have PrE 4, and PrE 8 has moved some things around. Still, with AVI chosen, the Compression Type drop-down should then show Lagarity. Be sure to reboot, after you install it.

Good luck,

Hunt