5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2010 3:55 PM by John T Smith

I've sent my student ID but Premiere Elements 8 still isnt working

dazstoner268

Hey,

Im in Australia and i bought Premiere Elements 8 (the education version). I read through the instructions of how to register which didnt help, then found out that i had to send a copy of my Student ID to use it. So i did that but i dont know if i did it wrong or if my student ID doesnt register with Adobe? I've registered it and sent the ID but no reply after a couple of weeks.

• 1. Re: I've sent my student ID but Premiere Elements 8 still isnt working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You'll really need to contact Adobe (or whoever you bought your educational version of software from) to resolve this.

You can reach Adobe by clicking on the Contact button at the very top of this web page.

• 2. Re: I've sent my student ID but Premiere Elements 8 still isnt working
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I've never used the "educational version" of any Adobe software, so this is totally anecdotal from the fora, and from people, who have. In their cases, the student ID was verified by the re-seller, whether an educational outlet, the campus bookstore, Adobe Store or a software seller. The included S/N was fine, and no other interaction was required on the part of the user. That ID was verified by the re-seller.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - have you tried to install with the S/N provided on the installation DVD? What happened? Error messages?

• 3. Re: I've sent my student ID but Premiere Elements 8 still isnt working
              Ed.Macke Level 3

I've bought several Adobe products at Educational Pricing.

You can purchase them through a 3rd party (such as academicsuperstore.com) or directly from Adobe. Whoever you purchase from is responsible for confirming your eligibility.

In any event, I'm fairly sure there is not a separate "educational version" of the software. Once your educational eligibility is confirmed, you are sent the same commercial product as everybody else. IOW, there's no "educational version" of their software, only "educational pricing".

I've never heard of buying the educational product, then having to send your ID in. It should work the other way around. Neither Adobe nor an authorized  reseller will send you the software without first verifying your eligibility.

Unless things work differently Down Under....?

• 4. Re: I've sent my student ID but Premiere Elements 8 still isnt working
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Ed,

From reports by others, that has been their experience too.

With some other Adobe products, there is no upgrade path from educational versions. Once, in the educational version of Photoshop, the EULA stated that it could not be used for commercial work. Obviously, there was a certain element of trust and ethics involved, and it is my understanding that such wording has been since omitted.

Just some observations,

Hunt

• 5. Re: I've sent my student ID but Premiere Elements 8 still isnt working
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are two kinds of education software from Adobe... go to this link http://www.studica.com/products/search.cfm?storeid=2&search_str=adobe

The first one (when I searched) is Photoshop CS4 Extended

The regular education version is $290.95 and has the usual entry key, while the Higher Ed Student Edition is $189.95

The less expensive HESEdition does require a different registration... I don't know the DETAILS since I've never bought the HESE version, but I do know that the student is given a special email address (or web link??? as I said, I don't know the details) and final registration is accomplished via the special email or web link

So, the OP must follow those directions IF he bought the HESEdition... nobody here will be able to help at all, since this is not the usual activation problem