1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2010 4:48 AM by cardician23

Weird Permgen error, can't solve...

cardician23

This being an entirely different problem I decided to create a seperate posting.

I've been moving up from Flex 2 to Flex 3 on a project. Had a few problems at first but slowly getting there. I'm using an ant build script to compile everything. This is a project made up of quite a few other projects. Now I'm encountering an error that occurs about 3/4 of the way through the the compilation of all the projects. The error is:

compile:

[mxmlc] Loading configuration file /apps/flex_sdk_340/frameworks/flex-config.xml

[mxmlc] Error: PermGen space

[mxmlc] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

BUILD FAILED

/apps/project_builds/05/checkout-flex3_server_testing_RC1/ProjectSearchFlex/build.xml:90: mxmlc task failed

So, after doing some research I changed the jvm.config file under /apps/flex_sdk_340/bin to the following:

# Arguments to VM

java.args=-Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false

Of course, this resulted in no change at all. If anyone has any ideas of what else I can do, or if you need more info, please let me know. I really need to get this done for work and am absolutey lost as to where to go next. Thanks.