This content has been marked as final. Show 9 replies
Yes, of course. I just changed the domain and feed url when posting here.
Don't bind directly to lastResult. As you have found, it is too hard to debug.
Implement a result handler so yu can verify that your data is being returned, and can examine it..
I also advise setting resultFormat="e4x" on the httpservice tag.
I'll post some sample code in a minute.
Thank for your response and sample code. I tried to implement this code the best I could, but the grid is still not populating.
You have simply copied my example. That will not even compile.
What is the crossdomain code diong in there?
* Remove the code you do not need.
* Compile and run the code
what do you see in the trace?
Sorry, I'm new to Flex and Actionscript.
The cross domain code is there because without it, I was getting the following error.
[RPC Fault faultString="Security error accessing url" faultCode="Channel.Security.Error" faultDetail="Destination: DefaultHTTP"]
at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/(Link: http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/m x/internal::faultH(Link: http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()andler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks \projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:216
at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder.as:49 ]
at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest .as:103]
at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/securityErrorHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\sr c\mx\messaging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:368]
I really don't understand the same code you provided, even with your comments. The code from the tutorial that I was following (mentioned in first post) makes sense to me, however using the exact same code didn't produce the same results. With the exact same code I posted, the Data grid was populating in the video tutorial, but not in mine.
Edit: For whatever reason, I tried my original code again, and it worked. No idea why.
The crossdomain code must go in its own file, crossdomain.xml, in the root of the webserver that your application is trying to access for data (web service).
It cannot go in an mxml file.