Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Beginner needs help with subform inside of subform

Level 2

I need to add a few different subforms depending upon the answers given in the form.  The first level is phase. Then they answer the question does this phase have tasks?  If yes then I want the tasks subform to appear.  If no then I want then I want the working org subform to appear.  After they answer then they have the option of adding another phase and starting the process again.  I have the phase adding again, but cannot figure out to have addtional subforms in between the phases.  Any help or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Level 6

The answer to this depends on how the content of the  tasks and working org sections are organized.  Since each phase entry is set up as a table that's in a row of a parent table, the only way to insert a section under the phase would be to add a row.  You can add a row for tasks and a row for working org after the phase row, so that every time you insert a phase you'll get both.  Set them both to hidden, and unhide the appropriate row based on the answer to the "tasks" question.  The only issue is that if your task and working org info is complex it'll be tricky to format all of the info as a table row.  This can be done by making your row one cell wide (full width of the row) and setting that cell content to a subform, then adding all of your info into the subform.  However if there's a lot of data then the row constraint may be an problem.

The other method would be to convert the phase section to a subform, then have three child subforms inside: phase, tasks and working org.  The idea is the same as what you're doing now, but you're using subforms rather than table rows.  You can add instances of subforms the same way that you add instances of table rows.

I wired up your example using rows; see the attached form.

Level 2

Thank you so much for your help, but I think I may have bit off more than I can chew.

Could you please take a look and see if I am on the right track at all. 

Here are my questions.  ...

1.  In the task section I cannot get the table to match up in size with the table in the phase section.

2.  In the working org section, I had copied from an example, because it gave the ability to add as many working orgs as needed.  It worked before, but I can't get it to work now.

3.  Is there also a way to get the working org section to appear automatically if the task selection is made?

Thank you