Our company recently changed its name and logo. We also migrated from a mixed cs2/cs3 environment to cs4. We have around 3500 indesign documents that need to be updated.
Every file needs the following accomplished:
1. Update from cs2/cs3 to cs4.
2. Update logo link (simple 'update link' is sufficient, same location etc)
3. Find/Replace old company name with new company name
4. Save file (saving in same directory as old version, preferably overwriting old version)
5. Export pdf with specific preset.
I am not a codemonkey by any means and my googlefu is failing me.
Here is what I have found so far.
//==== Batch PDF =====\\
var myPDFExportPreset = app.pdfExportPresets.item("batchpdf");
var myFileLocation = Folder.selectDialog("Please select path to files");
myFolder = new Folder ([myFileLocation]);
myFolderContents = myFolder.getFiles("*.indd"); // array
myFileAmount = (myFolderContents.length - 1);
// ===== Open, Export as PDF, and Close files ===== \\
for (i = myFileAmount; i >= 0; i--)
File(myFolder.fsName + "/" + app.activeDocument.name.split(".indd") + ".pdf"),
This works for opeing it and making a pdf but it needs to be managed and it does not go from directory to directory/sub directory.
If I need to run a separate script for each step that is fine, but I am at a loss at where to go next.