5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2010 10:26 AM by Ned Murphy

Background Colour displays over my flash work

ansib92

Dont know what this problem is. I've got a clients game that needs to be handed on Wednesday and cant get any help from my flash tutor because im not in college UNTIL wednesday.

Anyway for some reason when i test scene the box comes up showing my flash fine but when i go and locate the .SWF in the folder that all my flash fla and swfs are then for some reason its only a graphic clip and movieclip animation that displays and the rest of the background is the background colour. I checked this by first changing it to black and preview. To which the background changed black and then did the same and changed the background colour to blue and the same thing happened, the background in the swf changed to blue aswell. I have no actionscript in the scene and the majority of the things are just art besides a graphic clip the movie clip animation.

Any help on this would be appretiated. Could be something small i've missed

• 1. Re: Background Colour displays over my flash work
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After trying to read thru your posting, I don't know the problem is either.  The background will be whatever color you make it, which it seems to be doing correctly.  The background will not hide your content though, unless it is some movieclip you created rather than the atctual background of the movie and you've arranged it in some way that could hide some content.  Something else is most likely causing your content to not be visible, so you need to spend some time explaining what that content is... does it involve animated text?

• 2. Re: Background Colour displays over my flash work
            ansib92 Level 1

Firstly thanks for the fast reply.

Basically its just a room thats drawn in flash using the brush tool. The only thing that was imported was a screenshot of my computer screen which was used for the monitor screen on the computer in that room. The second thing is just an animation of sparkles. The computer, bedroom, wall, window all dont seem to appear when i load the .swf.

Here are two images. The first one is of when the box comes up and it looks fine.

working fine.jpg

and heres when i load it from the .swf

not so good.jpg

You can only see the monitor and the sparkles. But since the background colour is white you wont be able to see the sparkles.

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/notsogood.jpg/

• 3. Re: Background Colour displays over my flash work
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know what that third image you tried to include involved, but can you show a screenshot closeup of your timeline that shows the label end of it?

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Background Colour displays over my flash work
                ansib92 Level 1

Actually i think i figured it out. Its due to the flash player. When it was testing the scene it would play for flash player 9. However with me being on windows 7 and only having flash player 7 is the reason why it wasn't working. I simply published with flash player 7 settings and its worked fine.

Thanks for your help though Ned