2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2010 9:55 AM by the_wine_snob

How do I transfer projects from one disk to another disk?

RAIppolito Level 1

I just installed Windows 7 on a second drive in my computer (XP on the original disk).  My previous projects were all created on the XP disk on PE 2.  I want to move all that work into the Windows 7 environment, and run there from now on with Premiere Elements 7.

I can't find anything in the Adobe knowledgebase that explains how to do this.  Can anyone please give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

• 1. Re: How do I transfer projects from one disk to another disk?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Ron,

You do not need to move the Project and media. You can Open your Project just fine from the other HDD.

Now, if you are going to replace, say your C:\ with what is now you D:\, and will re-assign it to C:\, you will just Copy over all of your Project and media to the new drive.

If you will be placing the Projects and media onto another HDD (drive letter), when you first Open the Project, PrE will ask you "where is the media?" Just point it to the new location, and it will re-link to the media in that folder. You will need to repeat for each separate folder. Once you have located all media, I would do a Save_As, maybe incrementing the Project's name, so you still have the original Project intact.

Please let us know exactly how you will be altering your system, and then someone can step you through the specifics.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How do I transfer projects from one disk to another disk?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, this ARTICLE might be useful for pointing out exactly what is involved in the Project files, and will cover Save, Save_As, and Save_As_a_Copy.

Good luck,

Hunt