4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2010 9:06 AM by DLParis

Need help finding a script for text/paragrapgh rules.

DLParis

Any suggestions would sure be appreciated.  Here is my problem:  I am a small want ads paper looking to flow my classifieds that I import from another software into my indesign templates without having to cut and paste classifieds that jump to the next available column due to 1 classified ad that will not fit into that column.  What I think I need is a script that will tell indesign to put the next available classifed to fit the column by line count.  Please let me know if you have a question that might help you figure this out.  I have attached a PDF example of how they flowed in before cutting and pasting.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Need help finding a script for text/paragrapgh rules.
          AdobeScripts Level 3

DLParis wrote:

Any suggestions would sure be appreciated.  Here is my problem:  I am a small want ads paper looking to flow my classifieds that I import from another software into my indesign templates without having to cut and paste classifieds that jump to the next available column due to 1 classified ad that will not fit into that column.  What I think I need is a script that will tell indesign to put the next available classifed to fit the column by line count.  Please let me know if you have a question that might help you figure this out.  I have attached a PDF example of how they flowed in before cutting and pasting.

Thanks

These ads are text or frame/object ? Do you want to sort it to fit the column or they should remain order ?

If they are as text - you can build your document as set of TextFrames with TextColumns or as many TextFrames as columns should be, link them togeter and set TextWrap to other ads so these text ads will flow around.

Can you show me this page as INDD file ?

robin

www.adobescripts.com

• 2. Re: Need help finding a script for text/paragrapgh rules.
            DLParis Level 1

I will do I need to zip it since it will have the actual display ads on the page or do you want me to replace them like I did the PDF I attached to my post with empty boxes to decrease the size of the file?  I am using CS3 if that matters.    Thank you for your help.David

Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 05:23:45 -0700

To: mrbrown23@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Need help finding a script for text/paragrapgh rules.

>

• 3. Re: Need help finding a script for text/paragrapgh rules.
              AdobeScripts Level 3

DLParis wrote:

I will do I need to zip it since it will have the actual display ads on the page or do you want me to replace them like I did the PDF I attached to my post with empty boxes to decrease the size of the file?  I am using CS3 if that matters.    Thank you for your help.David

Yes, please ZIP/RAR it and INDD file could be like PDF - only text ads without any extra linked files. And you can send it to me on my priv email - you can find it on my web site.

ID version isn't a problem - it could be even ID 2.0.2 - but I'm "supporting" only PC platform ...

robin

www.adobescripts.co.uk

• 4. Re: Need help finding a script for text/paragrapgh rules.
                DLParis Level 1

Im sorry I cant find your priv do you have a facebook page?

Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:40:53 -0700

To: mrbrown23@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Need help finding a script for text/paragrapgh rules.

>