3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2010 3:11 AM by Linda Nicholls

How do you scale a photo in a banner graphic?

rrochester

I'm a nube trying to finish the "Creating a Page Banner" tutorial in Fireworks.  I'm stuck at the step where you try to scale the photo in your banner.  See attached.   Anyway the directions are not clear and may be leaving something out because I'm unable so far to get the photo in the banner like the picture in the tutorial.  Does anybody else know anything about this?  I appreciate any help you can give.

• 1. Re: How do you scale a photo in a banner graphic?
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

There are number of methods for scaling image objects in Fireworks. The simplest one is to zoom out so you can see the corners of the image, click on the Scale tool to select it, and then drag on a corner with the Scale tool. Another way is to choose Modify > Transform > Numeric Transform and choose either the Scale or Resize option. The Latter will enable you to enter the exact dimensions you would like for your image to be.

• 2. Re: How do you scale a photo in a banner graphic?
            mfoxhop

Hi, hope you don´t mind that I ask you this information. I was in the Fireworks forum long ago, since then I can´t stop getting lots of emails from Fireworks. I tried to change my settings but it seems not to work.

Do you know how to make my email out of the list? Thank you so much for your suggestion on this. Myres

• 3. Re: How do you scale a photo in a banner graphic?
              Linda Nicholls Level 4

I don't mind you asking at all. At the top right of the page, under the black box that says Forums, you should see your Avitar and "Welcome (your forum name)." Click on your forum name to open your profile. There is a box at the top right labeled ACTIONS. Click on the bottom link, "Edit Preferences." A new page will open where you'll find the settings for "Email Notifications Preferences." Tick the NO radio butons for "Always subscribe via email to threads I create" and "Always subscribe via email to threads I reply to."