8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 8:16 AM by the_wine_snob

Question: How do How do I get Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to load on the system described below?

HollywoodPro

1/24/10

I have Adobe Video Collection V2.6. (Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5).
      All of the collection will load on my system except Adobe Premier Pro.
      My system is:

Dell Precision 670 Work Station

Intel Xeon CPU 3.2GHz
      3.19 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

MS Windows XP

Professional x64 Edition

Version 2003

Service pack 2, v.4566

When I try to load Adobe Premiere Pro I am presented with the follow statement:

DirectX cannot be run on this version of windows. This version of windows is either 3.X or a version of windows NT that does not support this version of Direct X. Please do nor attempt to install Direct x except in these operating systems. ctx is designed to work with Windows 95 or later and Windows NT 4.0 and later only. This error message can also occur if hardware is incompatible with this version of Direct X.

I have loaded the entire V2.6 Video collection, including Adobe Premier Pro, on my 32 bit laptop and it loads perfectly. The Laptop, however, is not powerful enough to handling serious editing. If it were not for the DirectX statement above I would think the problem is that Adobe Premiere Pro will simply not load on a 64 bit computer. Additionally, in the near future, I want to up-grade to the latest Adobe CS4 Master Collection but must first work with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5  

I am now using on my Dell 64bit: Adobe CS3 collection - Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Contribute, Acrobat 9 Pro, Bridge, and Audition.

I notice that Adobe is now designing only for 64 bit. Question: How do I get Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to load on the system described below? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

NotAPro