2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2010 4:11 PM by the_wine_snob

Text box with colored background?

leon grizzard

Hidy.  This is my first post.  I Have PE 3.   I have done, and will more, Western Swing guitar videos to post on YouTube.  I want to put some text boxes overlaying a portion of parts of the videos showing fingerings or tablature.  I'm adding those now to my videos with a feature on YouTube, but I'm worried that will be discontinued or something, so I want to do it before posting.  What I want is a little light gray box with text in it; something like the title feature, but I can't figure out how to do.   Import from Paint?  What I want is something shown at about 3:30 here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ljgaustin#p/u/11/76YqQ1lzid4

• 1. Re: Text box with colored background?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how to do various things in PrE. Steve Grisetti, our tireless MOD will move this out to the main forum, so more folk can see it, and comment on it.

Now, I have not used PrE 3, so a bit of this might be specific to PrE 4, but I doubt it.

In PrE, you can click on Title and get to the library of Titles. You can look through those, to see if any get you started. If not, you can then create the Title, that you need from scratch. Choose Title>New Title>Default Still (from the Toolbar). This will add your New Title to the Project Panel, and then open it in the Titler. It will come in with "Add Text." Just use the Selection Tool (arrow), and delete this. Use one of the three Shapes Tools to create your box, and the Color Palette to chose the colors. Then, use the Text Tool (T) to do your Text. Drag it over your colored box.

To add things like Stroke, etc., Select, and then choose a Style, that has these attributes.

Hope that this helps. If there are any big changes between PrE 3 and PrE 4, I am sure that someone will point these out to correct my comments.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Text box with colored background?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a look at a text Title. In this particular case, the "box" is on a separate Title, as I wanted to reduce the Opacity of this box. There is also a PiP, that is not part of the Title. The screen-cap is from PrE 4.

PrE_Text_Block_01.jpg

Good luck,

Hunt