4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 3:27 PM by Hudechrome-sd9sPI

Win7 and CS3 Camera Cal

Hudechrome-sd9sPI Level 2

On Win7 64, CS3 runs quite well in 32 bit mode, except I cannot get RAW to see the Nikon profiles visible in XP. I am running the exact file in both systems, but all I get is 4.6, not even Adobe Standard. All updates I know of are installed. I use the .8BI file which comes with the bundled 4.6 update.

Thank you

Lawrence

• 1. Re: Win7 and CS3 Camera Cal
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Hudechrome wrote:

All updates I know of are installed. I use the .8BI file which comes with the bundled 4.6 update.

No, they aren't...you must actually download and install  DNG Converter (the current version is 5.6) and run the installer to install the DNG Profiles as well as the DNG Converter. See the Adobe DNG Converter product page.

• 2. Re: Win7 and CS3 Camera Cal

Yeah, that did it, Jeff.Thanks!

Interesting that CS3 on Win7 needs the 5.6 version but CS3 on XP does not.

• 3. Re: Win7 and CS3 Camera Cal
              Jeff Schewe Level 5

Hudechrome wrote:

Interesting that CS3 on Win7 needs the 5.6 version but CS3 on XP does not.

No...CS3 on XP _DID_ need the installation of the DNG profiles at some point. You may not remember exactly when you installed them but you must have because that's the ONLY way you could have gotten them on CS3 on XP. The profiles come with the DNG Converter installer. If Win 7 is a relatively new install, that's why the profiles were missing.

I think it's confusing having the DNG Converter AND the DNG Profiles in the same installer because the documentation for that is not at all clear in the product page nor the Read Me. But that's not my job...

:~)

• 4. Re: Win7 and CS3 Camera Cal

I agree, and it's even more confusing because, when I re-installed CS3 on XP to fix the file associations, I simply clicked the 4.6 update I had in my downloads and everything showed up fine. I did a complete clean of CS3 before re-install, but perhaps somewhere CS3 had the info available for those profiles in place. Too bad I didn't look first.

So, one might assume as I did that CS3 on x86 would behave similarly, but no dice. Leads me to believe they were present in the XP re-install before I updated ACR to 4.6.

Anyway, good points Jeff. Maybe this info needs to be in an FAQ, if not already. I didn't see anything there.

It puzzles me that 5.6 is invoked for CS3 on Win7 in any case.