0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2010 6:11 PM by Roy McCoy

Text Wrap Preferences CS3 vs. CS4

Roy McCoy Level 1

The "TextWrap CS3.scpt" Shirley Hopkins (AppleScripting InDesign) sample script (attached, with the accompanying "Bball.tif" graphic or one of a similar size) works fine in CS3. I can get it to run in CS4 by changing "text wrap type" to "text wrap mode" as required, but the list of offsets assigned to the variable os isn't applied unless I change

set properties of text wrap preferences of item 1 of theGraphics to theWrap

to

set properties of text wrap preferences of item 1 of theGraphics to {text wrap mode:item theItem of wrapList}

try

set properties of text wrap preferences of item 1 of theGraphics to {text wrap offset:os}

end try

breaking the application of the offset out into a separate try statement. I'm puzzled as to why this is necessary, particularly since I can apply both mode and offset text wrap preferences with the variable in other contexts, for example to a manually selected rather than imported graphic.
      Can anyone tell me why the try statement with the offset seems to be necessary? I'm asking more out of curiosity rather than need, but this is a learning exercise and I suppose there's something to learn here. Thanks.