2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2010 3:49 AM by FlexMitchell

why can't disable print dialog?

FlexMitchell

I need print document to xxx.ps

My codes are : ( delphi code)

bsInDoc.PrintPreferences.ActivePrinterPreset := PStyle;

bsInDoc.PrintPreferences.PrintFile :=  'C:\pstest.ps';

bsInDoc.PrintOut(False,PStyle,False);

While running this code, Indesign CS4 still raise a small dialog: ask fileName.

Print.out method has 3 Parameters:

PrintDialog: Whether to invoke the print dialog. Type: Boolean.

Using: Printer preset to use. Type: idPrinterPresetTypes enumerator or PrinterPreset.

WithGrids: Whether to print grids

so, I set first parameter = False, the printdialog should not be invoked by Indesign CS4.

But it does not, why?(refer to the figure as below)

printdialog.JPG

Anyone has idea about it?

P.S: this Indesign CS4 is Chinese version. and there are two black form is my delphi program.

• 1. Re: why can't disable print dialog?
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

The function suppresses InDesign's own Print dialog, not the one your system calls up.

I think you get one from the system because you are printing to a file using your printer driver, rather than print to PostScript from InDesign.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: why can't disable print dialog?
            FlexMitchell Level 1

Finally, I solve this problem.

The answer is so easy ,

PrintOut(False).

Just fill first first parameter, do not care the other two parameter.

According to Indesign CS4 scripting document, it points out one thing is strange. Document says  InDesign.PrinterPreset.PrintFile :  The PostScript file to print to. Note: Valid only when the current printer is defined as postscript file. Then, I test setup PreinterPreset with postscript option or not, the result is same , Indesign will print document to .ps file. and I notice there is another method InDesign.PrintPreference.PrintFile has same definition. But, I do not figure out what is the difference between them.

Actually speaking, I hope adobe script document can apply more examples to help user to understand it.

Scripting can do a lot of smart things and saving manpower, what not let more user has scripting ability.

P.S:  thanks a lot for Jonqware answer, your clue guide me to find correct answer.