I have a bunch of projects that I started a few weeks ago and have got nowhere. Keep going away from the problems and coming back to them.
Have posted 2 topics on the forums recently and did not resolve the issues ie: "Audio & Video out of synch on imported V.O.B.files" and "4:3 footage shows black & white on RH side" Persevered but to no avail.
Have been using PE3 all OK up to now, but something didn't quite seem to be running right. The "File, Edit etc toolbar at the top wasn't appearing correct.It was blank white without filling in the grey background and words. I got over this by dragging over the area with the mouse and it then slowly filled in the blanks.
After the 4:3 footage problem, I thought that an uninstall & re-install might help and to start all over again with freshly imported footage.
After doing this (Using Windows Add/Remove programs I removed the PE3 programme & PE Templates and did not keep the project presets when prompted)
After re-installation I imported new footage from the DV camcorder. When I went to render the timeline the folowing error message appeared: "VIDEO PREVIEW ERROR - Error Compiling Movie - I/O error". And so hit a brick wall again.
I got no Encoder Activation prompt after re-install & I don't need to have to re-register the program again do I ? (I presume these are both one time only)
Also I re-installed the programme into the NEW NAME user account as before but under a different folder name for easier identification). Before uninstall I deleted the PE3 folder containing the PE projects, AVI files etc.
After the re-install and again getting the Timeline error message, I did a further un/re-install but the message again appeared (and this time I downloaded and applied the PE3.0.2 patch which I did not use before).
I read the topic in Adobe Premiere troubleshooting about doing a complete uninstall but it seems very messy & complicated especially the part about messing around in the registry files.
Thought then about upgrading to PE8 at this point, but wasn't very impressed with the user reviews & apparent bugs. I just want something I can just get on with ASAP but without have a whole bunch of new problems to deal with.
My questions are:
1) Can anyone see where it's all gone wrong
2) What is the best & easiest way to do "complete" un/re-install. (I want to start with a clean blank canvas & don't want any old conflicting PE3 files kicking about in the background etc.
Is it better to use something like "TOTAL UNINSTALL" to do the job instead of using the Windows Add/Remove programmes tool.
3) If you think upgrading is a good way to go, I can get something like PE6 cheaper.
Also if you think that I should upgrade, I would prefer to use the PE8 as a trial version first.
4) What do you need to do if you have already have/had an existing PE program installed before installing an upgraded trial version.
5) Finally, remember that I have got used to & been quite happy with PE3 up to now. (Or is there a better version with less glitches & problems) "After all, I only want to get on with my projects and not do battle all the time" ! !
Any help & comments would be most appreciated.