1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 10:54 AM by Mylenium

Problems illustrator cs3 on windows 7 64bit

W@vbb

I've got a problem with my new computer, its a new hp workstation with windows 7 64 bit. Illustrator cs3 uses just a smal part of my virtual memory and is not stable. When i try to export to psd or jpeg it runs out of memory. My computer got a quad-core processor with more then 6 gb installed RAM.

Is there a way to avoid or to cure this problem?

• 1. Re: Problems illustrator cs3 on windows 7 64bit
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          My computer got a quad-core processor with more then 6 gb installed RAM.

Of no relevance whatsoever. As a mostly single-threaded 32bit app, AI doesn't care for any such things. assuming, bloat features would not get in the way, you could probably run it on a 10 year old machine and get the same performance. Anyway, CS3 is not safe on Win 7, even more so the 64bit version, so this is probably all that needs saying. You can toy around with compatibility modes and all that, but whether this will help you in any way, is anybody's guess. so at the risk of sounding like big red A's marketing department, giving the CS4 trial a spin and then upgrading might be worth your time and money...

Mylenium