9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2007 12:26 PM by BKBK

JAI (Java Advanced Imaging) and CF8

obouillaud Level 1
      Hi

I'm using the Java Advanced Imaging API since CF6 and made several jar files to manipulate images (as it wasn't integrated in CF).
      Today I installed CF8, put the "jai_core.jar" and "jai_codec.jar" in the "cfroot\runtime\jre\lib\ext" folder as I did when I first developped my application or when I migrated from CF6 to CF7 but today it does not work.

I have the following error (see attached), ImageInfo and GetTaille are my own jar classe and method.

I saw that there is already a "jai_core.jar/jai_codec.jar" in "cfroot\lib" So I think that there is a conflict between the two JAI's. I removed mine, but I have another error : "An exception occurred when instantiating a Java object. The class must not be an interface or an abstract class. Error: com/sun/media/jai/codec/ImageEncodeParam."

I also tried to replace the JAI of CF8 by mine (just for a test) but I have the same error.

Do you have any idea of a solution ?

I know I can now use the CF8 tags to manipulate images, but I have to rewrite lots of code and I think there is still manipulations that CF8 can't handle (CMYK images, ICC profiles, ...)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions